I am all for avoiding sugar so when I discovered how to make homemade almond milk that was naturally sweet I was so excited!
In the past, I’ve made homemade almond milk but it’s never been sweet and creamy like the store-bought brands and we’d ultimately throw it out or eat it with cereal out of necessity. I’d since given up on ever making homemade almond milk again until we did this 3-Day juice cleanse and I was adviced to drink almond milk to keep my breastmilk supply up and take in extra protein. What made this almond milk different though is that coconut water was used instead of filtered water, literally it made ALL the difference! So if you’re looking to make homemade almond milk naturally sweet and creamy try this recipe:
1 cup raw almonds
1L of coconut water
1 tsp of sea salt
Nut milk bag
High Speed Blender
Homemade Naturally Sweet Almond Milk Recipe
- In a mason jar, soak 1 cup of raw almonds in 3 cups of filtered water with a dash (~1 tsp) of sea salt. Leave for at least 8 hours.
- Rinse almonds off with more filtered water.
- Put soaked almonds in blender and add 3-4 cups of coconut water.
- Blend on high for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain into large bowl through nut milk bag.
- Pour into milk jug and refrigerate.